Benefits of Membership of Yorkshire Tennis
When a club/venue joins the LTA, they automatically become a member of Yorkshire Tennis (‘YT’ and formerly known as the Yorkshire Lawn Tennis Association – YLTA). The LTA offers a comprehensive range of membership benefits but as the local independent association, YT is also able to offer a distinctive and additional set of member benefits. These are:
- A local point of contact with a nominated YT Councillor who is there to help the club with any issues that arise and provide advice and assistance as required. We can also broker relationships with other clubs who have faced similar issues/opportunities.
- Access to ‘Advantage Yorkshire’ grant and loan funding for club and facility development subject to terms and conditions. This funding is separate from any LTA offers.
- Access to County Training for the more talented player aged 7 and up. Selection is at the sole discretion of YT.
- Assistance with coach recruitment.
- A three-times-a- year Newsletter Tramlines outlining tennis and club activity in the county
- An opportunity to be involved in the management of YT by nominating suitably qualified people for membership of the YT Council, subject to its rules.
- Associate membership is currently offered to schools as a means to be more involved with tennis and competition on the county.